Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Performance wise I think most of us agree that DCT will be the clear winner. It is just so puzzling then why in such a performance oriented car folks are so stuck on the MT idea. Many of those obsessed with every 1/10th second of 0-60 or 1/4mi still seem insistent on rowing thier own gears. This is such a clear contradiction. It is a very interesting debate with informed and uninformed, emotional and scientific thinkers on both sides. In the end 99% of folks will really enjoy their choice and that is what is most important.
Exactly, everyone will enjoy their choice, so don't chastise the folks that love extreme performance and opt for manual.
I can sign off right now that I won't be able to shift in 4ms or whatever it ends up being, but damnit, I will feel like the king of the world rowing those gears.
I have modded my Maxima to the available limit, bolt-ons, because I want go as fast as possible, and I rock an auto. Just didn't get the 6-speed.
Being performance oriented isn't just about utlizing a tranny that shifts ms faster.