aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
... Furthermore I run the rotella 5-40 and I change it every 4k miles. The cost of the oil allows me to change it more often. I have NEVER had to add oil because the 4k miles or the 6 months always comes up first.
I am not knocking the tws because it really is a superior oil to almost anything on the market today. The big problem is that it is a 10-60. I am by NO means telling people what to run. If others want to run something different more power to them, or those who choose to stick with the tws that is on there own account.
So any 5w-40 would be fine then. I don't care about the consumption and I can always top it up given it will be a lot cheaper than 10w-60.

I am just thinking whether using Liqui Moly 10w-60 Race Tech will help in terms of its oil properties.

I am going to run Castrol Edge 5w-40 for the second half of the year and then 10w-60 for the first half which is lot warmer in our part of Australia. I think running a slightly thinner oil during cold weather and not redlining the car all the time with 5w-40 should to a degree alleviate or prolong the failure. This way some of the lubrication with 5w-40 should remain while 10w-60 is running for 6 months. Some lubrication is better than nothing.

Both Castrol Edge 10w-60 and 5w-40 have the same Titanium Fluid Strength Technology and confirm to the industry standards ACEA A3/B4 and API SN/CF.

http://castroledge.com.au/oils/5w-40-sn

I would like some input from some of you experts.

Last edited by aussiem3; 06-27-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0