05-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Rekrul
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 Comp, 16 GT3RS

Another ESS tune review

So... I finally caved.

Mods: Dinan X pipe, Akra Slip, AA green filter

First off, big thanks to ESS for timely question answering and also shipment. I placed my order for the tune Saturday and got it today. I sent my file to ESS and within 4 hours I had my tune all ready. Impeccable customer service from both Roman and AJ(answered by emails within minutes). Super fast delivery, and I was almost shocked by how fast I got my tune back.

My impressions may be a bit premature as the car is still acclimating to the tune. Power delivery is certainly smoother. After I put the X pipe on, I felt like the car almost had a bit of a lag from 0-2800 rpm(as the power from stock didn't increase) but above that point the X pipe had markedly increased power and torque so it almost felt like a mini turbo. Now that is markedly lessened, the power delivery is more linear and once it reaches 3500 RPM it rockets. I flew down a long on ramp onto the highway, I was at 100 before I knew it. Behind me was a R6, he pulled up next to me afterward and gave me a big thumbs up lol. The car sounds sick and it more than fast enough at this point, it feels complete. I'd really like to get a dyno at some point. I pulled on my friends 370 whp EVO from a roll with just my slip on exhaust (the magic of DCT), I'd be real curious as to what would happen now.

So, I will say I am happy as the power delivery is smoother. Also I feel like the car is a little quieter for whatever reason, perhaps because it is making more power than before so there isn't as much load being exerted to move the car. Overall I am a fan of ESS now for sure, its no surprise they have such a great reputation on here.
Appreciate 0