04-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
I had an E46 M3 ZCP, and it was def one of my favorite cars. Each drive will bring a smile to your face. With that said, the only warning I can give you is that it is very expensive to squeeze any more power out of it. You already have an N/A car, so you know how it goes. Mods for an ///M can empty your pocket quick. Other than that, the E46 M3 is pretty solid in terms of reliability. Stick with a 6MT and 2003.5+ model and you should be ok.

PS - if you can swing an 05-06, then I would recommend finding one with ZCP.
+1 on about everything. don't buy a bmw to add power cheaply, because it doesn't work that way (except the 335, but you'll be running through fuel pumps like tanks of gas). if you want the most power you can get as cheap as possible, perhaps consider another brand. we all know that HPF is the most power you can get out of an e46 m3, but it comes with a very hefty price tag.

also +1 on the 2003.5+. i have a buddy with an 01 m3 vert and it's been nothing but problems. i have another buddy with an 05 coupe that has >100k miles and hasn't had a problem in years.

electronic gremlins will always be the bane of any bmw, but the e46 drivetrain is about as reliable and solid as you'll find on any car.
Appreciate 0