09-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Depends on the pulley set, I like that AA uses the OEM style double walled belt to cut down on any potential problems.
That's why I went with AA's pulley. I felt that they were the safest bet at the time being. I've heard that Dinan is coming out with one also, but I felt that AA is already on target with their current updated version for my specific M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
There can be negative effects but it seems that nobody has pushed the electrical system hard enough to experience them yet. The way the pulley upgrade works is to spin slower to reduce parasitic drag however it also results in slowing down the rotation at the alternator. Slowing down the alternator means you reduce its power output capability at any given engine RPM. If you load up on electrical accessories, you may run into a problem where the electrical charging system cannot keep up with your load.
Thank you for the very informative info.

I don't think I'll have to worry too much since I got a 'stripped' M3 with barely any electrical options on it. I only have a simple rada dector on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
So Nawaaz, no 5,000 Watt electronic sound system for you!

You'll just have to make do with the exhaust sound system your installing instead!
hahahaha......I'm gonna love every bit of that exhaust note.

I'm gonna roll down my windows every chance I get man!
Appreciate 0