View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
This will be my good deed for the day, and I'm bored. Ok, so to clear things up, and to allow you the best ED experience possible, DO bring your apple ipod cable AND the bmw supplied Y cable, just in case. They both provide the same functionality except for one difference, whether or not you get the album art to display on the nav screen. The Y cable was introduced with early 2011 models without the combox(album art capability), solely for the purpose of eliminating the need for an iphone cable and an aux cable. Hence, the Y design. When september production cars(2011.5) were rolling out with the combox installed(for album art), the Y cable was supplied but did not enable the album art to be shown. ONLY the apple ipod cable could trigger it. However, I have a mid september build car with the combox and my ipod integration with the apple cable is glitchy. Sometimes it connects, and sometimes it doesn't. The weather or outside temperature seems to have an effect on it at times. Still haven't been to the dealer yet. But with Y cable, it works everytime...just no album art.

Soooo, to sum up, bring both just in case your apple cable isn't consistent. But album art is def a nice touch and something you want to see in your new car!
Your Apple cable is defective.
Appreciate 0