11-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
It's interesting that you say the AA drones... there are a ton of posts on here that say it is one of the more drone free exhausts.

It looks like the only reliable, drone free, options are the Akra, Dinan, UUC Corsa and Bastuk. As much as I hate to spend the money on the Akra, it really does look like the best blend of looks, sound and quality that is drone free. The UUC Corsa looks bad (IMO) and the Dinan exhaust is black (not my taste) and only has 2 active pipes. Oh well... I guess it's only money
The Bastuck build quality is EXCELLENT. It could easily be EOM, but with good asthetics vs. the bland OEM looks. The tips are better looking than the Akra IMO. The Akra is obviously titanium and weighs a LOT less.
The B&B is another potential exhaust that doesn't drone, at least that's what one owner said, but I've never heard it in person while cruising. It sounds SICK around a track.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 11-27-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0