View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #42
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Sure, Nissan conveniently decided not to include an oil cooler because they "forgot" and figured people don't need it because they don't drive their sports cars hard... Really?

Yes, sports cars make road noise... but it is pretty excessive. It is like sitting in a race car with no interior. That is what the 370Z sounds like on the highway. I went on a test drive with a salesperson in the 370Z. I was yelling at him saying, "Is there any way this can be quieter?" He said "What did you say?" I yelled it louder. He looked at me and said, "You like music? Let's listen to music." IF the 370Z was a hardcore race car, I can understand the noise. An Exige, a Ariel Atom, even a Ferrari, sure, it can be loud and unrefined. I can understand that. The 370Z is a soft car, soft steering, soft suspension, Bose audio system, soft touch plastics and leather interior - more a GT than a hardcore sports car. Nissan majorly failed in that dept. Go on the 370Z forums and read about guys trying to make their car more livable day to day. Another Nissan failure.

I love Nissan, I have owned quite a few Nissan sports cars from the past. And I have tracked every car I have ever owned in the past 15 years... But the 370z, that is a POS. I am sorry but even as a JDM fanboy, I can not accept all the compromises and half-assed engineering that went into that car.
Um, no. They didn't include an oil cooler for cost containment. Though if they overcharged for their cars like a certain German manufacturer we're all fond of they'd have included a heck of a lot more than just an oil cooler in the car. And FYI, newer models do have an oil to water cooler built into the radiator, so they don't overheat as easily. And don't forget, the 335i also tended to overheat a lot in older models that didn't have an oil cooler. So even the almighty BMW can have a hiccup every now and then.

And you really seem to be embellishing the truth about the road noise issue. Yes it's noisy, just like ANY sports car. Guess what? I've been in s2000 and vette z06 and civic si on the highway and they are even more noisy than a 370z. I've owned a z for over 2 years and put 45000 km on it in between city, highway, and track driving. I hardly ever had to 'yell' at a passenger for him to hear me.

My words of wisdom for the day: Next time you're on the highway and feel you need to "yell" for your passenger to hear you, try putting the windows up. Something to do with blocking wind noise at high speeds.
Appreciate 0