07-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #87
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunball View Post
What makes you think every company is not capable? Any facts????
I know first hand that every company is capable of making a BMW. What do you think a BMW is?? Some stealth super rocket?? Its just a simple H-frame with a motor, some longerons and cross members. I'm not putting BMW down(hurt your fanboy feelings), but I've been in the industry long enough to know that every company is capable of making a BMW or a Porsche. Do you think every part is made by BMW???
Most auto makers use a lot of the same suppliers, duh?? Do you wanna know the percentage?

You create this aura, image of superiority for BMW and its just so ridiculous. Do you even know how they are engineered, designed and parts released? Do you know what kind of analysis goes in to releasing a single part? Do you know what software is used to design a BMW? If you know the inner workings of an auto maker, engineering, logistics, etc. you should know that just because a BMW feels better, that does not mean every other auto maker doesn't know how to make similar cars.

Do you think Nissan doesn't know about what you know? Do you think Toyota doesn't know why their cars feel different to a BMW? When are you gonna grow up and realize that they choose to build the way they build because they are in the business of making money, not because they are not capable?

I've come across countless milestones and developments by countless auto makers all over the world in my time and it is not all BMW and BMW uses a lot of them. So what makes BMW so special and their engineering skills so superior?

THIS MAY BE HARD FOR YOU TO ACCEPT BUT THEY CHOOSE TO BUILD THEY TYPE OF CARS THEY BUILD, NOT BECAUSE THEY LACK SKILL, OR "CLUE" AS YOU PUT IT.

Yes a lot of car makers compare to BMW, Mercedes, etc. and that is called marketing. Ford and GM as "bloated slaves to shareholders"?? I understand it is mismanaged in the corporate side but this tells me how little you know about the auto industry.

GM built the tranny in your car and also made many advances in auto matic torque converters for all of the auto industry with numerous patents pending.
Mitsubishi HI built your turbos. Oh but no, Japanese car makers don't have a "clue".
Testing cars in Germany's N-Ring is for benchmarking (advertising purposes, not to evaluate engineering performance, every auto maker have their own tracks to do that), not a proof that cars from Germany is better.

Get it through your fanboy head that it is economics of marketing and efficient use of engineering to fill a niche/market. Its a business, not a contest to see who makes the best feeling car for revlis. You have no proof whatsoever why they are not capable of making the same type of cars except to mention some of their products that is meant for making money. It is a company's CHOICE to make the cars they make at the price they spend.
OK... Didn't bother to read your last bit of drivel... All I saw was FANBOY, so I'll say Your an idiot...

Been reading about and enjoying cars since I was a kid, I'm pretty well aware of the market and economics... Simply put, you're all wrapped up in own little predetermined course, I've got nothing for you but I'd encourage you to look around a little bit at the automotive world, if you can get your head far enough out of your ass to do so...

Cheers.