View Single Post
      05-20-2021, 04:02 PM   #10
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Just did my 2009 at 40k miles with the FCP kit (newer Bosch sensor). Since I already have the cowl removed using the BMS filters, I took off the driver side strut brace and was able to drop a deep socket right on the sensor without removing anything else. I really didn't want to remove the airbox/elbow because the Karbonius is kind of a pain to get back in place perfectly.

Car gave me the increased emissions light the other morning after a few miles of driving, so I pulled the codes and saw 27BA, 27BB, and 2B49. I also had a bit of a rough cold start before that particular drive but I figured it was just because the car had been sitting for a month. I have preventatively replaced the exhaust gaskets, all four o2 sensors, fuel injectors, and spark plugs in the past few thousand miles all before seeing any of these codes. Since it had only been a couple hundred miles since I replaced the fuel injectors I initially started thinking the codes were related to those, or maybe a bad coil. I decided to start with the fuel pressure sensor first being the one of the oldest and cheapest links in the equation. Sure enough, I took it for a drive today and no codes! Car pulled strong all the way to redline

Le Mans Blue '09 BMW M3 Sedan - Current
Polar Silver '04 Porsche GT3 - Gone
Persian Blue '08 Lotus Exige S240 - Gone
Space Gray/Imola '08 BMW M Coupe - Gone
Appreciate 0