View Single Post
      04-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
dom_cmh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
First time getting a loaner after dropping off for service...got '11 328xi...I was starting to get desensitised to the power of the M but damn for 230hp, 328 feels really slow...dunno, I guess I've never seen the appeal of base model bmws since the leatherette isn't that nice either. And I can finally hear what the difference is with the premium audio i have in the M...much fuller sound.

Ok...few hours and the fat steering wheel shall be back in my paws.

Newer navi is nicer though cuz I got '08.
Performance wise yea I think the base models are a a bit sluggish not just compared to the M3 obvious but to others in their class. That being said it is still a BMW and has a great handling and feel. I'd take it any day over an Audi or Acura.

I actually like the leatherette. Something about it feels more "sporty" to me than buttery leather. I agree the new iDrive is better but people that use it as a reason to justify upgrading to a new model (or spend the money on a retrofit) are nuts IMO. I didn't buy the car for iDrive. I don't even use it much.

Summer Fun - 2016 F80 M3 | Tanzanite | Black FULL Leather | 6MT | Executive | Lighting | Driver Assist | Adaptive Suspension | 19" Black Wheels | Black Grills & Sides | Roof
Appreciate 0