05-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
^^thanks pal. Would droppings left on car for about 6 hours do any damage? That's around the time that I'm away from my car. Is using a car cover safer??

I use DP waterless wash...

Thanks again!
The waterless wash should be a great product to use for cleaning up the mess. Make sure to use a spray wax or spray sealant afterwards to give the affected area some protection for the future.
I can't tell you how long it'll take. Maybe just an hour. Maybe 6. Maybe 12. There's no set amount of time as there are so many factors.

Car covers can cause a lot of marring to your finish as well as swirls. I personally avoid them like the plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig5x View Post
Would a clear bra protect the paint or can the bird dropping "burn" through it as well? I have a clear bra on my CF roof as well as the hood and was wondering about this...
They certainly can protect the paint, but they can also be damaged by bird droppings and other etching based damage. They might not work 100% in all cases, but I'd imagine they would help greatly at the cost of being expensive and not looking as nice because of orange peel and dis-colorization over time. Of course not all paint protection film is equal and a lot will depend on your installer.
Appreciate 0