Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsma View Post
I don't quite understand everyone's problem. I've thrown cars around in an empty lot before to test the limits of my cars in the past.

He mentions he did this in an area where nothing could be harmed so what's the big deal?

"You're a shitty driver" etc was hardly helpful.

The OP's questions were answered. He's in limp mode.

To the OP: You didn't let out of gear during the spin nor did you gas the throttle to compensate for the spin which probably put you in limp mode. Most do the battery disconnect. Just make sure you have your radio code on you if you need it.
Doesn't matter what you do when you spin out, car should still not go into limp mode.

Limp mode should NEVER happen. Period.

I had an issue like this years ago in my E60 M5. Was in an open lot playing around and it didn't like my sliding. Didn't throw me in limp mode but got DSC malfunction and a few other errors.

Read the codes and see what they are. A generic scanner may not do the trick.

Battery resets do not clear codes on these cars in most circumstances.

Radio codes are not needed on these cars either as the certificates in the navigation system ensure that the unit will not be fully functional in another car without additional tweaking.

Sometimes sensors get freaked out in extreme circumstances. It's not normal if it keeps happening though, there was a specific reason for the faults being thrown. Sometimes older software is more prone to these "glitches".

Be careful OP.

Hope this helps.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0