05-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #28
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Actually, before the C63 and M3 came along Audi launched the RS4 with the V8. Now all competition in this class has moved up to V8s. So I think it would be sort of inaccurate to say the RS line can't compete..
The mature than open-minded of us know this to be true but alas there are those that prefer to ignore the obvious that Audi aren't a second player in the performance category but a main player/leader in lots of ways. The fact that their approach is entirely different doesn't mean it's important or impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I think Audi's biggest problem is weight. The RS6 weighs 2 tonnes and the RS5 is overweight too. However, they are still great cars. Audi have now started to reduce weight too because if you look at the new A6 it's lighter than the old A6 and the 5 series. I can't wait to see the next S6/RS6.
I'm glad that not only Audi has woke up to this but all of them have, I imagine the 5er will be the sole new BMW model that will increase it's weight, I bet the 3er will either come in at the same weight or hopefully less like all future Audis will do.
Appreciate 0