05-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #395
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
you've been waiting a little longer than i have....what has your dealer said about your wait time?

at least on the individual end , i'm sure that there are more careful than ever, given that problem i mentioned in my original post. Steve Thomas and Francesca are my dealers , so i have faith in what they tell me.

BTW, what is your build?

...STBMW required a 5k deposit from me...
Yes, other than bugging BMWNA, our CA's are all at the mercy of Regensberg and their closeout schedule. I think they are bundling these last [Individual] builds together to run out in a final group. As we joked about before, I just don't want them to build the car with any of the scraps from the boneyard in the chaos of a production line transition. In reality, we've nothing to worry about, they've got these processes and their systematic transitions down to a science-it'll be fine.

They were constructing the production line for the F3X adjacent to the E9X line when I was there in the summer of 2010, so we don't have to worry about them building our cars at the same time that they're de-constructing or re-tooling.

6MT
Moonstone Metallic
Black Novillo Extended w Lt grey contrast stitching
4MY w/ light grey contrast stitching
ZPP, ZCP
Prem Sound, SAT, Apps

Alcantara Headliner-DENIED!
Cohiba Brown Extended-DENIED!

No Deposit Req'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrifeM3 View Post
I am in the same boat. I ordered an individual color in and out. I ordered mine on March 27th. I just checked it and its waiting for a ship. Might want to check with your dealer.
^Congratulations, it won't be long now!
We're definitely not in the same boat though, figuratively or otherwise. I ordered a while ago and am currently only "scheduled for production" status.
Our dealers have zero communication with Regensberg and can only provide what information is made available through New Jersey, but thanks for your suggestion.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0