Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
I am kind of late getting into this thread, but I too have never had rear brake lock up with any car which had ABS functioning. That is the purpose of ABS, to allow all wheels to continue to turn, thereby giving you control. If the wheel is locked and sliding, you cannot turn. The wheel has to rotate. This past week end at the track, with stock pads, I experienced fade, but no lock at any time, front or rear.
vz
vz, yes you are late and you're not saying anything thing that we don't already understand. This thread is well beyond what ABS is designed to do, thank you. If you'll read the thread I think you'll understand that.

Most of the people in this thread drive on the track and do these things on purpose and know how to control skids without ABS. You say that you track your car and had no lock up. I suspect conditions were dry for you. Did you trail brake late into a downhill corner? That's the condition where at least one is experiencing the condition. Most of us have not experienced it either, but apparently it happens in certain condition.

Dave