Bimmerpost Special Prosecutor II
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I couldn't agree more!! This guy knows his shit!

He's done a ton of work for me. Only uses the dealer tools, not some third party autological thing. A true professional.
Autologic is dealer equivalent, even better in some instances. Most serious independent repair facility purchase the these tools as they are essential to troubleshooting and/or repair.

Please let's not get into a pissing match on tools, unless you are fully aware of what's involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Re: Marketing hype, and Tom - he specifically urged against blindly updating assuming it would add tons of power.
Agreed. I can't stress this enough,.
I understand the autologic is a powerful tool and used by independent shops. However, I'd much rather prefer that my car be updated with the same exact factory tools that the dealer uses. Mike has demonstrated mastery of factory tools in front of me - like serious stuff - passing actual commands straight to different control units. I've seen him work some serious magic.

I have never met anyone as knowledgable on this subject. I was there once when a BMW dealership called him for help on a car they couldn't fix.

I'm sure the autologic does a few things with more ease than the dealer tools, but there is definitely nothing it does that Mike can't do. I couldn't say the same thing the other way around.

In my opinion both you guys are talented in similar and different ways. I can almost feel the tension in the thread and think two talented individuals as yourselves should work together for the betterment of the community.
Appreciate 0