06-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #27
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I considered the C63, the ride sucked, the handling sucked, and it is missing many options that the M3 has, most notably the Comfort Access.

Comfort Access is nice but I prefer a car be as simple as possible. CA is just another electronic device to frustrate me or break.... I guess I'm old school... or rationalizing again!

You're right about the C63 being very stiff... IT IS. IMO it is not suitable for traditional sport-luxo car buyers. However, I drive an Evo everyday and the C63 isn't as stiff as that. (As I wrote on MBworld..).. where the C63 suffers is in the seat itself. The seat cushion is very firm. The C63's seat cushion is noticably firmer than the M3's. More road imperfections are then transmitted to the driver/passengers. But the tradeoff is that it corners very flat and that inspires confidence.

They are all great cars, but I do understand that small nuances like this can make all the difference, depending on what you're looking for. If you can't get comfortable, that's a big problem!