Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernpep View Post
Of course you prefer the M3, you own it. You don't own the porsche
that's exactly the point - you're only strengthening my argument. I've owned both, and I traded in my Porsche for the M3 without a single regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
No, thats not the case. The 997S is just a better performing car all around.

When you get to the turbo, GTx Porsche level, BMW flat out cant even begin to even hold a candle to them.
that's an extremely narrow definition of a league. the M3 is much closer than you would suggest performance-wise, and the fact that there are numerous automotive journalists that pin the two against each other every year clearly supports the notion that they're in the same league. the 911S takes the edge in all performance categories, but only by a narrow margin. and that's exactly what one should expect considering the M3 is a much larger car that's far more practical/versatile. I still firmly believe that the price tag differential is too significant though. you get a lot more car for your $$ with the other cars in Porsche's line-up - with the 911 you're paying a premium for its heritage.

also, I don't know why you decided to repeat what I said about the GTx and turbo cars. I agree that those are in a different league where BMW doesn't even have a car that tries to compete (save for the GTS, which is a joke IMO).
Appreciate 0