03-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
At least you got a response. A few months back I applied to a aftermarket automotive parts vendor for BMW, Audi,and VW(paid vendor of here and vw vortex). If you know the states where most of those companies are located and look where I live it's pretty easy detective work to figure out who.

Anyways, the way you apply you send your resume to one central application email address. I ended up getting a call from 3 different managers or different departments. So off the bat I thought I had a pretty good chance of getting one of the jobs. I had 3 initial phone interviews and all 3 said they would call me back and two of which actually slammed on some of the resumes they had been receiving and made nice compliments about mine.

A week passes and only one manager calls me back for a interview even after the other two who talked smack about their other resumes never called me back. Well I went in and the interview went pretty well, at least the manager seemed happy and expressed that he would be in touch very soon.

Another week passed so I took the initiative to email the manager to express my interest and thank him for the interview. I NEVER heard anything again.

I found the whole process very unprofessional and the fact that I was never even sent a "thanks but no thanks" form letter as a joke. In the end it's not like I was jobless. Just looking for a change of scenery.
Appreciate 0