View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #37
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
U can use chemical guys v36 and v38 and that cuts imperfections ad finishes beautfly. V34 cuts deep scratches and finishes nicely as well. Followed by a sealant and wax ur done.
Which pad did you use with this as a one step?

I just detailed my AW M3 this last week...

1) Washed and clayed in one step using Chemical Guys Rinsless Eco Wash, 2 bucket method, and CG's synthetic clay mitt... Got the paint super smooth for the next steps
2) washed the wheels using Meguiars wheel cleaner, rinsed with a bottle pump sprayer, then finished with CG's waterless ecosmart
3) used a combination of CG's V32/V34/36 (from a small sampler pack) on some panels that had deep noticeable scratches from far away using Yellow and Orange Hex Logic Pads on a Portal Cable DA... Completely eliminated them

Now here is the step where I think I went wrong because I was trying to take a short cut

4) decided to use my CG Deep Reflections XP as a one step to correct the rest of the car using a hexlogic green pad... Worked real good and seemed to get rid of the remainder of swirls and from most angles and lights it looks like the picture above... But i dunno if I am picky, but under certain lights and up close I am noticing tiny buffer swirls...
5) topped with M-Seal which was easy on and easy off

After talking with CG... Seems that the tiny buffer swirls is likely because I used a green cutting pad on a polish when I should have used a white or blue pad.

So to correct this... Should I go over the whole car again with V36 and either orange or white pad then top with M-Seal? Or can I get away with deep reflections and a white pad instead?

Going to also detail my wife's VW CC using the same process... But when it comes to the polishing step... Wonder if I should just use V36 with orange or white then finish with M-Seal? Or use Deep Reflections and a white pad?

Also to add... My buddy keeps telling me to just do V36 to V38 to a glaze then seal... I dont have time for all those steps... So I am hoping just going V36 or deep reflections to a sealant will be good
Appreciate 0