View Single Post
      07-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #17
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
I go on Porsche forums too occasionally. I have owned BMWs, and driven both of the cars we're talking about. The truth is Porsche forums aren't much fun. People on BMW forums have this mentality that whatever they are driving is superior to everything else on the road. In a Porsche forum if you say the manual is superior to an AT to a guy who has the AT he will say something like "I know it's slower, but the wife can't drive a stick." On this forum if you say the exact same thing you will get 20 idiots saying that Michael Schumacher's F1 car has paddles, so all cars with automated shifting are better. Even though they have no idea how either system works.

Same thing with speed. If you compare a Porsche to a 335i the Porsche is way too much money and the 335i with procede is better because it can keep up in a straight line. Then of course if you compare the same 335i to an Evo that kills it at everything for less money the Evo is an economy ricer piece of shit that can't even be spoken of in the same sentence as a BMW.

I give credit where it is due. I'm not trying to say the BMW is a poorly constructed car or isn't fast in a straight line. I'm saying that all of these idiots who think that Procede makes their car an Enzo need to realize it does not. It's still just a luxury coupe. It's a well made reasonably performing luxury coupe. It's no sports car though. Get it on the track stock and the Cayman will make it look like the luxury car it is.

There is no shame in having a luxury car. Some people here just need a reality check. More power or speed in a straight line does not add up to a superior performing car in many cases. The most fun I've ever had driving was in a Lotus with 190 HP. Believe me, just because a proceded 335i has twice the hp does not make it twice the car. People who have never driven the Lotus would never understand that though.
I understand where you're coming from; my brother has a Lotus Elise (with an intake and NOS)...he and I went to our local 1/4 mi. track last month and we both ran in 13.0xx sec...me in my PROcede 335i and him in his NOS Lotus Elise. Yes, his car is very fun to drive, handles better than almost all other cars, and it's very loud. However, it's only a weekend car, and I definitely wouldn't want to drive it everyday...not comfortable at all and bare bones inside. As a matter of fact, I loved when I got back into my car after driving with him in his Lotus Elise...yes, I love all the comforts and technology in my 335i; I also love that it handles well and it's fast as freakin' hell. His DD is something completely different as well. We're going back to the track in Oct. or Nov. when the weather cools off; I'm fairly confident that with cooler weather and PROcede v2.0, I'll be running in the mid-high 12's @ ~ 110mph.

Here are a few pics from our track night...my PROcede 335i (on the left) and my buddy's stock 335i (he ran 13.6-13.8sec. @ 102.xxmph that night compared with my PROcede 335i at 13.097sec. @ 106.67mph) and my brother's Lotus Elise w/ NOS and intake (the silver/black Elise)...

Oh, btw -- getting back to the original thread topic, have you seen these videos? Check out this thread...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=335i+porsche
Attached Images

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 07-28-2007 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0