View Single Post
      01-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Strange: All the guides tells the same thing in my case. Perhaps he mixed up KM and miles or something. Still, it is good to hear that Chris is coming around.

I do remember his videos, he seemed almost as obsessive as myself...

By the way Filthy: I'm not sure if you have the same impression, but I think there was a bigger change in the car than expected during the initial run-in period.

I now have 4.700 km on it, closing in on the famous 5.000 limit and the end of the run in. I do think that the car feels much better now than when I got it. At first it felt like the engine was bolted too tight. However after 2.500 km it loosed up quite a bit and now it just feels more "willing". I guess the oil change @ 2.003 km really helped here.

My impressions right now is that I really like the thicknes of the steering wheel, I would however like to have a "sport plus" mode for the power assist; where it had a fixed power assist level. But you do get used to the variable assist and I no longer really think about it, I just enjoy the precission instrument this car can be.

Perhaps other initial negative reviewers will change their mind when testing the car again, the variable steering assist did feel strange before I got used to it.