View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #89
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Interesting comments.

I've always liked Mercedes-Benz, but have always loved BMW.

I feel that MB's new design language is very powerful. The face lifted E class really stands out. The CLA as well. The new GL class is worlds above the old one (I have a 2012 GL550).

I test drove the pre face lift E class coupe and hated it. Felt cheap inside and was boring to drive. If they've addressed the interior along with the exterior I can understand the success. I also see tons of CLAs and a friend is taking delivery of a CLA 45 AMG this month. Sweet car with my only gripe being the fake exhaust tips (has quad tips but only dual exhaust, not cool!).

Truthfully as a customer and car enthusiast, I couldn't care less who's number 1 in luxury sales. I like cars for their looks, driving characteristics, emotional appeal, fun factor, and technology.

There are several AMG cars I'd be more than happy to have in my garage at one point, an SLS being one.

Same with BMW, I find myself drawn to the i8, M235i, the M6, and the new M4. BMW not being #1 in luxury sales doesn't affect any of my car desires one bit.
Appreciate 0