View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
rochoventura
Chile
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3 E92 '13 X6 50i

Exclamation 2012 M3 w/noise coming from back while performing short radius turns

Dear Readers:

I have a 2012 BMW M3 Coupe which about 2 months presented a persistent noise noticeable in the back while performing short radius turns - like a parking garage, the noise can be perceived best when the car is turned on cold and then by performing a right radius.

My car has only 5,500 kilometers (3,420 miles). At 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles) it was taken for an oil change service, in order of my BMW dealer according to the break-in period.

I started to perceive the noise around about 4,900 kilometers (3,040 miles), so after take the car to my dealer the technical chef indicated that they had changed the differential oil, as this was very viscous and caused the noise.

I do not know much about technical things , then the technician said that the noise would go away by itself in about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles), and that would lower the noise progressively cleaned the differential of the old oil with use.

To date I've been drive 500 kilometers (310 miles) and the noise is exactly the same, I have not noticed the noise reduction when performed short radius turns.

The thing is that the response and solution provided by my BMW dealer have me totally dissatisfied and worried, I bought my car brand new and very well maintained never been exposed to anything, I care as a gem.

I hope someone could guide me or help me understand this problem, maybe someone have had the same problem before.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Last edited by rochoventura; 05-08-2012 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: wrong data imput
Appreciate 0