View Single Post
      04-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #21
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyruss View Post
In my later years i belive we get more specialized. In mechanical im not sure what the options would be. The only thing i am not looking forward to in mech E is thermodynamics. i hate chemistry

which brings me to why i woulnt want to do chemical. By far chemical engineers make the most money, but i just would not want to be involved with any of the work they do.

with mechanical i feel like its the jack of all trades type of dicipline when it comes to engineering, at least from what i heard. so for my program selection, i picked mechanical co-op first (3.3 GPA requirement) and civil co-op second (2.7 GPA requirement). those baseline GPAs fluctuate through the years also, so we will see where my GPA lies, and ill let it decide the path i take. either way i feel like i will enjoy the work i do

EDIT**

"And as it turned out, it was a good move."

judging from your garage list i would have to agreel!! haha

also to the guys recommending computer,

where i live we are very oil/gas/industrial base. computer engineering here doesnt not have high demand nor high salary. on the other side i dont plan on staying here the rest of my life. i defianltey have intentions of moving to another country. i love canada, but i want to change things up for a bit.
If it's mostly oil/gas/industrial I would suggest petroleum engineering if it is offered. Highest salaries in engineering field I believe, and they're always in demand
Appreciate 0