View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #92
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
If I end up getting used OEM wheels, I'll probably run 255/295 as I would not want a 275 up front on a 9" wheel and agree that doesn't look right. I've looked at plenty of pics and think a 295 on ZCP looks perfect. Here are a couple examples:

But I'm comparing like for like in terms of tires. I'd be using the exact same tires on square ZCPs as you are using on VMRs. Thus, the weight difference between these two setups is 2lb at most which I would call "minor."

A lot of people run spacers with absolutely no issues but if you're simply not a fan, that's fine. I am not willing to compromise my favorite wheel design to avoid using a spacer (though I'm not sure I'd use spacers anyway). If V810s look just as good as ZCPs to you and there is no compromise there, then I totally agree that I'd rather get the correct offset than use a spacer.

Immediate availability is not a concern for me. I'd rather wait an extra month or two and get the "perfect" wheels than compromise due to impatience. I would only consider compromising if I needed new wheels ASAP for some reason.

I love the concavity of F14 SDC, that's what makes them unique. The V810 looks good too, but it's not as unique and just looks like a less-pretty ZCP to me.

I'm a big fan of the search function and have read your wheel-related posts dating back to 2010. You had similar questions but came to a different conclusion based on what is important to you. And your car looks great so there's no need to change my mind! I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm enjoying the conversation .
Oh I'm not taking this as argumentative at all. As you saw in the search I was very interested in doing this as well. I was going to widen a set of 10" ZCP wheels to a 11" and run a spacer. If you are only going to run a 255 up front I would do a 285/30/19 on the rear ZCP wheel. I had this on my car before I did the 19X10 and 19X11. The good news is that they make a 285/30/19 now with a Mich PSS.
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0