04-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #29
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Ajerman: I believe damage is confirmed for the full GT5 release, but not for GT5: Prologue. Still, there is more to realism than just damage physics. In fact, if you REALLY wanted realistic damage, one mistake and crash into the wall is likely to end your race. Honestly, I am not sure whether I WANT such realistic damage (or at least I hope GT5 gives me an option to control the effects of damage).

Firstclass: I see your point in comparing Forza2 to GT5: Prologue, but your comparison is even worse! Comparing GT4, a last generation racing game released on the PS2 years ago with Forza2 a next generation racing game released for the 360 a year ago? No wai.

I like Forza2. But like I said, the Forza series is a relative newcomer when you compare it to the pedigree Polyphony Digital has built with the Gran Turismo series. I can't wait to play GT5: Prologue for myself on April 15, but based on that video I linked (and tons of others) the game is looking to be amazingly realistic (except for the lack of damage of course, whch admittedly sucks).
Damage was only just one thing I mentioned, and Forza's damage is pretty realistic. I wrecked my car the other day and the engine started missing. If you hit the front end, expect your alignment to be out. Granted it's probably not PERFECT realism because too much would drive people away, but it's good. I really do hope GT5 does have damage becuase I think they have one last chance to be consider a real driving sim.

I think you're too caught up on the graphics, which is the only thing GT has or has ever had on Forza 2. I don't care if GT had been around for the last 50 years, it still isn't as realistic of a sim driving and physics wise as Forza 2.

There really isn't a comparison to Forza on the PS3. GT compares to PGR, not Forza.
Appreciate 0