04-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #15
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
I did drive an RS4 and frankily, I was not that impressed with it. It felt cumbersome and heavy to me...but keep in mind what I drive. When I drove the E92, I did notice the weight, but it felt much lighter than the RS4 to me.

Although I thought the RS4 was just ok, I bet the next gen of RS cars will be pretty kick ass. Everybody is always up'ing the bar, so you can bet that they will make a car to compete with the M.
I know exactly what you mean by this, it's partly the awd setup and partly the extra weight over the nose, things have improved which I can vouch for with the S5. If you had ever driven a S4 then you would know that the RS4 was a world of difference, my opinion is the S5 is very close in feel and grip at the front to that of the RS4, proving things are getting better if not quite as good as the current M3. Though I do reckon that the next RS4 and RS5 will be at least as good in the areas of nimbleness and feel as the M3 is but with bags more poke and the added security of awd.

But will we ever see an M car supporting awd, that is the question. Some members may turn their nose up at such an idea but there has been talk of this very thing being offered along side the standard rwd version.
Appreciate 0