View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #238
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
There is absolutely no reason why Gasol can't get at least 20 points..they have no more big man left to guard him.
maybe if Kobe would stop forced up so many bad shots and actually try to feed some good balls to Gasol, he wouldn't have ended up with only 14 points. Kobe tried to take matters into his own hands a lil too much in Game 6 as you can see all the tough shots he took when Laker's 1st option should be Gasol. everyone, including the Rockets, knows that Gasol is unstoppable in there and they doubled and trippled him whenever possible especially when Kobe aint on the floor.

but i think it all comes down to a few things that doenst have so much to do with Kobe or Gasol's scoring. The Lakers are lacking focus, emotion, determination, toughness and DEFENSE. i still have no idea why they can't defend worth shit. every team that Phil Jackson has ever coached had always been very good defensive teams but this Lakers team seems to only want to score.

i think Phil and Kobe should take the blames for the lackluster performances ..they are the captains of the ship and they need to get their guys ready mentally and physically to play both on offense and D. watching the Cavs, that's how the Lakers should be. and i thought the Lakers are the one determined to win the trophy after getting humuliated in the finals last year

i think the Lakers will win and win big tonite but it wont be a easy road through Denver and eventually Cavs. my pick had been the LAkers to win it all since before the season started and now i'm having real doubts. let's see if they can get back on the hourse and race to the finish line.
Appreciate 0