View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #452
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

weight update

this is from a new customer " TRACK SPEC ".

They never made this fitment before so they gave me a weight estimate of 24/27# F/R based on this style wheel. I was VERY unhappy when they came in and weighed a portly 32/34. Since this is my third set of ADVs and I was happy w/ the two prior (for my GT2 and the R8) and they had weighed as advertised (of course those fitments had been made before), I was quite pissed that ADV's only response to this markedly heavier weight was that the estimate was just an estimate. No return, no refund, no discount, nothing. Needless to say, I'm done w/ ADV1 and their ridiculously poor customer service. I told myself I wouldn't go immediately out and start bashing them on the forums, but when asked about the weights, I am not going to lie.

You (and IND) were right, I should have gone w/ HRE. Much better customer service, lighter wheels, better reputation. I'm very happy w/ the look of the ADV08, but there is no doubt in my mind that I can feel the weight of these suckers. Turn in response is more sluggish, starting from a dig, and braking is more sluggish. They hook up better largely due to the 305s in back.

All in all, bottom line, ADV makes some phenomenal looking wheels, but I will never order another set from them, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.
Appreciate 0