View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #1808
STL325i
Bimmerfan
Rep
Drives: e46 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
Funny, but I can’t help but think that noone here is a winner in this mess. Ken got the car, but the whole point of the purchase, to buy an M3 cheap, is gone down the drain. AND he said himself this may be wasn’t even a perfect car he wanted, but price was sweet thus it was enough. But with now car costing close to MSRP after the lawyer fees are counted in, which seem to be in few thousands of dollars, then I am a bit sad for the man. Then again, this is typical – it costs a lot for the little guy to stand up and speak up. I respect him for sticking to his guns and getting the car, never mind he lost money and nerves on this. Dealer also got bad publicity, probably lost money on the car (i don’t think they did, they just didnt make as much) and alienated new potential customers. Eitherway you look at this, it kind of sucks it came down to this.
I'm sorry man, but I disagree. It was a HUGE moral victory for everyone who has ever gotten screwed by a dealer. Not only that it has brought some *very* bad things to light about the Husker Auto Group and thier parent company, but perhaps in the future there will be a few less people taken advantage of by them. Not only that, all those other shady dealers that use the same tactics on eBay are probably scratching thier heads right now wondering if it is worth it. To your other point - the chances of someone getting an M3 right now at close to MSRP are pretty slim with some dealerships marking them up 20-30k because of simple supply and demand. Finally, and most importantly, Ken will have quite a story to tell for many years about how he took on the "big guys" and won. Reminds me of another story...

THIS..........IS..........DOOOOMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!

-D
Appreciate 0