View Single Post
      12-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
bmwboi
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Thought you said not to factor in price.

From the reviews that are already online, they say the M3 is still faster and handles better than the 1M. So if money isnt a factor then M3 for me.
Where have you read that the e92 M3 handles better than the 1M? That's the main area where I'd expect the 1M to trump the e92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Aside from one being N/A and one turbo, I don't see it that way at all. The size and weight of the 1 series is what most M3 enthusiasts wish the 3 series was at today and that's just being realistic. I'm sure many wish the m3 was under 3000lbs. There's now a lighter and potentially more enjoyable M car in the lineup. I know I enjoyed driving my 135i a lot more than my 335i. Until we get to drive the car, the 1m coupe's achilles heel is potentially the N54.
+1. I'm loving everything about the 1M except the motor. After having my 335 for almost 3 years I think I'm ready to go back to a normally aspirated motor.

My reason for getting an M3 over a 1M would simply be the engine. It seems like BMW is abandoning high revving NA engines for the time being and I think I'd like to own one in a DD while I still can.
Appreciate 0