View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #32
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
Does the wall unit need to be charged from the opener wires to continue working (888/889LM does)? That was the point of failure with each of the older 888LM units I had.
From the pic I posted, those are the only two components to the system I installed. The bigger unit with the strobe light is the base station. You're supposed to mount it on the ceiling a set distance from the garage door opener. At my vacation home, I did just that. At my primary home, I haven't done this. It's sitting on my work bench in my garage because I'm using both outlets in the ceiling: one for the garage door opener and the other is for my ceiling mounted workshop light with a spooled power cord.

The smaller box is the door sensor. This is velcro'd to the garage door to tell the base station if the door is up or down. This is battery powered with a Lithium cell. I've only had to replace the battery in this sensor in the version 1 unit once since owning it. I did get a low battery warning on the version 2 system for the door sensor. I got a replacement battery but checked the old one first which turned out to still be good. I replaced the old battery and haven't had any warnings since.

All the other components you and omasou have discussed, I'm not using. I haven't looked into those components but what the basic setup has is enough to satisfy my needs for now.
Appreciate 1
QM287.00