03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #26
andydrives2fast
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I can also code it to work perfectly.

My 2008 M3 has the CIC, Combox, Apps, SnapIn adaptor, video from ipod, sirius using the old 2008 tuner, + I added Internet access via bluetooth tethering from my iPhone and BMW Live

Everything works perfectly..

Many of you will not need the TCU as you may already have that installed. The monitor connector is a nice touch but is optional as the existing one can be used without issue.

The only thing that you will need is an activation module to allow the navigation system part to work, as it checks the VIN of the car, and the module makes that check pass.

It looks like everything else is there

Now if you get that + a combox then you'll have the amazing features from the 2011 and 2012 models like bluetooth streaming, etc.. And if you have the software in it updated to the latest version you will have satellite images on the navigation maps.

The CIC part of the switch is pretty easy and straight forward. I would rate it a 2 out of 5 stars in difficulty rating. Retrofitting everything like I did was a difficult process, but now I have conversion cable to convert cars with the TCU/MULF setup (08-10 M3's) to the Combox, without any wire cutting/soldering whatsoever. Completely plug and play.

But once it's done it's a world of difference over the older CCC unit. I've been meaning to make a thread about the swap and have tons of pictures, but haven't had any time lately. But trust me its worth it!
This is exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks!
Appreciate 0