View Single Post
      11-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #13
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtom3 View Post
dipan, as soon as you get your car, try out your iPhone and let us know if this optional connector per your link does work with the 09 6NF ... btw, do you have the iPhone 3g or 2g?
It is very unlikely it will work and here's why:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185268

Check out apw's post with pics. In order for the old original iPhone adapter to work, it would have to have been conceived with knowledge that 6NF would one day be available, and would have to have the proper design to make contact with the pins that apw has circled in the pic. Now, its possible that this is the case, and it will indeed support 6NF. But for now I remain skeptical. It would be great if someone who has a 6NF car, and whose car actually shipped with the baseplate, and who has the older iphone original cradle adapter, would actually try this out. But there's a lot of if's in there and probably by the time some has tried it, the 3G cradle will be available anyway. Or maybe not.

Edit, I guess I should have read JIO's OP better. I thought he lacked the baseplate. But actually, it seems has tried exactly what I said above and that was his reason for posting to begin with - no music playback.

Last edited by mkoesel; 11-14-2008 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0