Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
That's cool... it's a shame you got rid of your 325. How do you like your Jetta? I had an '06 Jetta (but sedan). Nice car, but nothing like my Bimmer.
Yea, I miss the 325 a lot actually. But the jetta wagen is pretty nice. The 2.0T is/can be a beast pretty easily and for not too much money. It's an interim car though. We needed something bigger(dog) and more versatile(home projects) that the 325 couldn't do. It was was also a compromise. Get a loaded 328 wagen and pay off the house in 10-15 years or get the cheaper jetta wagen and pay off the house in 3-5 years. The latter was the much smarter decision. And the jetta isn't that bad. The SEL wagen that we got has nearly all the options I would have gotten on the e91 328 minus zsp but it's give and take.

With the house paid off I could jump to a 535 wagen or who knows what crazy stuff will be out in the next couple years.

What side of town are you on? I'm pretty sure I've seen your car parked on Cedar by the Clinic. My butt puckered for you as that side of cedar gets shitty in a hurry.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0