01-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #42
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Your advice really makes a lot of sense.

Forget the GT1 block, forget the race bred motor, forget the stronger internals, forget the higher performance, forget the better modability, forget that the turbo is more fun to drive, forget that the bottom of the line Porsches get thrown the wet sump block, forget the MKI 997 has no LSD, forget it all. Good stuff, thank you for that, and I am sure the OP appreciates it.

All your advice consisted of was getting the service records, thank you. Very helpful stuff, and when the OP asks for someone to give him common sense suggestions you can chime in as if it is something of value.

Now, you have owned a 996 turbo and 997? No, you have not, so I don't understand your statement. Who is comparing the running cost to a BMW? Secondly, I would rather maintain the car out of warranty that I know is not as prone to RMS failures. If you had the experience you were saying you would know this. I can't help but get the impression you are speaking to simply act like you are some kind of authority without the knowledge to support it.

Say whatever you like, we all know if it does not go your way you will run to the mods to delete posts. I'm not like that, I can sit here all day and fight my battles all by myself.

Again, what is sensible is for you to read up on the tuning aspects of the vehicles as you do not have the knowledge. What is the pitfall of tuning a K16 or K24 car? Please, enlighten us all. You do realize the OP mentioned mods, right? You do understand he mentioned turbo upgrades, right? So why do you not seem to understand your perspective on the vehicles stock is not providing the necessary supplemental information? Maybe you should simply allow those that are familiar with the performance, mods, and the results on these cars to post about it, and help the guy, ok? Thanks
Good for you!!!

Who says the 996 turbo is more fun to drive? You? Some prefer NA engines.

Anyway, again, you've become a bit annoying.
Appreciate 0