Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Michael,
My cold start problem was a bit different as the revs were higher but not as jumpy (just as weird though!). I wasn't throwing any codes so it is harder to compare the two. If the codes weren't there before the install then I'm sure it's just a quick software fix. Sorry I didn't bother with the video since it was fixed like a day after posting. I can suggest getting the cold start coded off altogether even after the issue is addressed. I know several NA and FI guys that have had their cold starts coded off. Especially with having an exhaust the car is much "friendlier" for those early morning or late night wake up the neighbors starts. I have always hated the cold start program from my NA hardly modded '08 to this car. It would make the car unnecessarily "choppy" too while it warmed up on both M3s I had. I'll be at ACM Thursday afternoon so maybe I'll see you around if you're there!
I actually have the same issue with revs bouncing slightly at a higher rpm than what Michael posted and I get no error codes.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0