01-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #699
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredAuto View Post
I then began questioning what kind of help I could receive to get this resolved and me not be completely on the hook for the repair bill. They not only suggested, but helped aid in getting it converted back to stock and take it to the dealer under warranty. I was skeptical about this to say the least, but since I felt they were good guys, and they thought it was a 'manufacturer defect' that I would give it a try, which later I felt pretty bad about. They prompted me to remove my ECU and send it to them so they could flash everything back to original settings and that nothing would be detected that there had been modifications to the ECU. I had to purchase about $1,000 worth of parts that had been cut and altered by Active during the install to mask the previous modifications. Once I got the ECU back from Active, I sent it over to the dealership on a flat bed.
This is why BMW doesn't trust anyone......because this is what we call FRAUD. Now, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but you pay to play. So once you mod a car and that mod is what damages your engine, and then the person who did the mod suggests that you try to "defraud" BMW out of their money because of something that had nothing to do with BMW......well that is just messed up.

This is why dealerships don't treat us fairly......this is why BMW is on these forums.......because people are dishonest and break the law.

Its why no tuner, will EVER TOUCH MY CAR......and if I ever did one day, and something goes wrong, I won't try to fool the dealership into paying for my gamble.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 01-31-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0