View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #695
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbimmer View Post
The OP put a supercharger on an M3, you deserve what happened to you. Then he tried to blackmail the vendor. A year later he posts this on the forums. Does anyone else not find the OP to have zero credibility on those two points alone. Why did he wait so long? I personally believe he shifted into 3rd instead of 5th and blew the engine. You should stick to remote control cars.
seriously...who the hell thats knows how to drive which he obviously does since hes driven this car for 25k miles mis shifts from 4th to 3rd when trying to go to 5th? and if he was downshifting to 5th again...who does that? for me its either 6th to 3rd or 4th.

everyone has their own biased stories including both AA and the OP...but to just take sides and blatantly point fingers is just absurd. come on guys...its just hard to explain everything in a forum especially when everything is getting heated up like this.

i can see both sides and why they would not wanna take blame for this but to just say hey youre wrong is just wrong lol.

also to everyone that says putting a SC on a NA car is dumb and the buyer should take all responsibilities is just plain stupid. the reason why america is such a great country is because of all the laws and rules so we dont continuously get scammed.

think about it...if you bought this SC kit and they said its safe as long as keep it under the rev limit because they have done countless hours of R&D, then i would think it would be safe for at least 20k miles without failure of any kind (especially one that you buy for 16k dollars). but you have done everything right but your engine blows in 1200 miles like the OP's...now you are saying that you should be held liable for all damages?

if this was the case you would see scams after scams and it would never end. every company out there would be trying to just take your money and leave...but because there are obligations for a company we have such good products.

but in no way am i saying the OP is right...because maybe he did over rev which in turn would mean that he is completely at fault here and would not expect AA to even reimburse for the SC kit. but the fact that they did reimburse him for the kit (never found out what percentage of the kit was reimbursed) seems like they are admitting to fault somewhat.

then again AA could have reimbursed for customer servive...anything is possible and we do not have all the information here and probably never will get the truth.

for now since there is no way of knowing the complete truth lets keep the hate to a minimum. never know whos right and all im saying is stop taking sides please...both are right and wrong lol.

and to be clear it seems that the OP is not trying to get his engine paid for according to his first post...just letting us know how much of scumbags they are at AA but again just reiterating OP's statement lol.

ive personally never dealt with AA but since they have been in business for 30+ years they must be doing something right over there (you would think), so this would not discourage me from buying other products of AA...but probably not their SC kit.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0