View Single Post
      07-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #11
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Those guys just don't understand. I'm a musclehead and an M3 owner. It's best to explain it in these terms. The M3 has EDC, an on the fly adjustable suspension. The Camaro does not and never will. The M3 has programmable dual clutch transmission. The Camaro does not, but it might get a DCT some time in the distant future, doubtful it will ever be programmable. The M3 alternator disengages when under heavy acceleration. The Camaro does not. The M3 has a programmable throttle control. The Camaro does not and probably never will. The M3 has a button that can be pressed that sets all of these to your desired setting that fits your sport driving style, and with a flick of the button again, you're back in casual driving. The M3 has near perfect 50/50 weight distribution. The Camaro does not and never will. The M3 comes in a 4 door, the Camaro never will. That's what you get for an extra 20k, a car that you can tune on the fly to drive according to your style. That's what separates an M3 from a muscle car. Thats why I own both. My M3 is a sophisticated performance DD, my GT500 is a rip roaring, bucking bull ride of unrefined terror, and I love them both.
Appreciate 0