View Single Post
      09-03-2007, 06:24 AM   #11
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Black Saphire Metalic

Not to be biased, I do own both cars, Cobra's since 1999 and 2003. It's a bit hard to tell what you're racting. The wheel hopping is a dead giveaway it's a 99-2004 SN95 (or more rare prevous gen with the cobra IRS; I would hear the blower in the first two vids; no the second at all- confused

A 99 Cobra has the direct mounted spoiler like a wide,but short U upside down with the words Mustang stamped min the bumper; the 01 has a more typical pedestal mounted spoiler and Cobra stamped in the bumper cover. They both put about 272 rwh, weigh about 3500; 99's ran upper/ mid 13's at 102-103; he new ones solid mid/low 13's closer to 104-105 mph more or less stock.

The 03/04 Cobra's had a simular 4.6L DOCH V8, but iron in stead of aluminum; a 6 speed Tremed trans and some other upgrades to keep it less wheel hoppy happy. Bone stock hey are low low 13's to high 12's at 110-112mph.

chip on the ecu, swap the blower drive pulley from say 3.65 to 2.8", give it better plugs, an aftermarket cat pipe and exhaust, JLT CAI.. just hand tools in the garage in a single day and you have 460-480 rwph & 480+ rwt on pump gas on a warm summer day. Swap the blower to a Kenny Bell or Whipple and you're lookin at 600 rwph; NOS and 700+ at the tires.

IN any even, it didn't look like you raced a typical Terminator (03/04) Cobra. At the end of a 1/4 mile, the Ford will be distancing itself from you by 10-20 mph. These are mid 11's at 122mph cars. They've surprised many a sport bike But perhaps the Cobra driver was on Xanax or something, or just couldnt plan drive it- launch that car in street tires takes a LOT of effort, it will simply spin through 1st, through 2nd and stop somewhere in early 3rd gear before you get traction; drag radials are less work and more effective too.

THE INTERESTING THING IS THAT AS OF YESTERDAY I KNOW OWN BOTH :}

Now that the Procede is in, and the 03 goes up for sale next week, time to make some videos myself :} Anyone in OC that knows how to drive a 335i step really well? PM me.
Appreciate 0