10-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #15
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
I would answer it truthfully and note in the explanation that your record was expunged. I don't think it will look too good having a possible misrepresentation on an application for an insurance license. The question asks whether you've been convicted of a felony (you have); that your record is expunged doesn't mean that you weren't convicted. That the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor after 1.5 years of probation, it is possible that you could argue that you were ultimately convicted of misdemeanor assault and, thus, you marked 'No'. FWIW, the State of Florida will disclose that a record has been expunged, so the powers that be would know that you have at least been charged criminally.

With respect to the dishonesty and breach of trust thing, the reason that you may not obtain an insurance license if convicted of those crimes as, as an agent, you have a fiduciary duty that must be fulfilled. That said, that it specifies those offenses on the application, I would then assume that felony assault is not grounds to deny your license.

I would recommend checking your state statutes with respect to agent licensure and, perhaps, check to see how your state treats expungements or even call your state Department of Insurance and explain your situation.
he is dumb for even posting this here. they expunged it so it wouldn't mess up his life if he is telling the truth. just call a lawyer but I would just say no
Appreciate 0