View Single Post
      08-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post

While the cars stance looks good, it rides like shit. Its not bouncy or too stiff, but if you hit a decent dip in the road, the car just unsettles to the point of it being dangerous IMO. I have a minor dip in the road near my house Ive hit in my stock suspension many times and it just absorbed it and keep the wheels planted. With the KW's it just sky rockets the car into the air and feels unsafe all together.

Now that Ive ruled install error out, I don't recommend these. IF you are hell bent on a drop for looks, just get B&G springs. Otherwise leave it stock or get real coil overs.

KW sleeve over for sale real soon.
sorry you had to learn the hard way. there are countless posts on this forum and experiences, like yours, that prove that lowering springs over say .5 inches are bad for ride and handling. yet there are tons of posters who talk about how they don't affect ride quality etc....its just not true.

the only setup that can work without too many negative side effects is dinan, and even that will have some negative effects. dinan is better because it doesn't lower much and can somewhat compensate for the lost travel from shorter springs by use of shorter bump stops and the shaved strut mounts.
Appreciate 0