View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #40
miktrebla09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster12011 View Post
So you are using third party information to try and get your point across. That is fine. I work with the auto manufacturers first hand everyday at my job and have access to almost any technical data I request from them. I have taken Hyundai's manufacturer training as well as VW's and Hyundai and Kia are not even close when it comes to the things I mentioned in my previous post. Do you even understand things like tensile strength and what the difference is between HSS, UHSS and HSLA body panels? If you do, then I will listen to your statements more seriously.

Also, I would rethink your need to depend on companies like JD Power or Consumer Reports for your data. They have been very wrong about many vehicles in the past. Consumer Reports listed the Lexus GX460 as a "DO NOT BUY" due to something as tiny as as traction control issue that could be updated with nothing more then a software reprogram.
That vehicle is one of the best SUV's you can buy.
hmm, I wasn't aware car manufacturers were using uhss in body PANELS. In any case, the unibody of hte genesis (from which the equus is derrived), is made from uhss.

Furthermore, the torsional rigidity of the genesis is higher than that of the F10 5, jaguar xf, infiniti M, lexus gs, etc. The only car that has a higher rigidity is the W212 E class. The genesis also has one of the most structurally sound roofs in its class, I think iihs conducted this test. The genesis and equus were chosen as best picks in their respective classes. I'm not sure that's something you can thumb your nose at.

Hyundai is the only car manufacturer that products its own steel, lowering production costs. Granted, other luxo barges do have better quality plastics, leather, etc, but it's not too far ahead of the higher end hyundais (this is coming from someone who owns and owned a slew of german and korean cars).

May I ask what the "hyundai manufactering training" entailed? I'm curious as hyundai only produces certain models here in north america. The genesis and equus are produced in ulsan, rok. I don't know how much exposure you got regarding the buiding process of those cars.

Also, how is it you were able to get this info? Details of the manufacturing process are largely considered proprietary and/or confidential (try approaching the security guards at the west point, ga Kia, or the montgomery, al hyundai plants with a camera).
Appreciate 0