11-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
A modified M3 will destroy a modified 335.. so it's irrelevant. You can't compare modified 335 vs stock m3 because there are reliability issues with modified 335s

Plus the DCT puts the auto gear box on the 335 to shame.. the shifts are brutally fast and you can still put it on auto when you are city driving. It's also fun to learn how to track on the M car - even though you've no experience.. buying an M3 pushes you to explore motorsports activities. Plus the V8 sound is incredible.. you can't replace that.

Also, an M3 is an M car.. you command presence and most M owners are relative car enthusiast.

I ran a 12.2 on 1/4 mile with 19" street tires, someone on the post just ran a 12.04 with radials. Both of our cars are modified though.

I have a 335 vert in Singapore and I love it.. it's an awesome city driver, the hard top roof is fantastic and the low end torque makes the car feel like it's going a lot faster than it is. If your looking for a hard top vert, I would stick with a 335.. a hard top M3 vert doesn't make any sense.

If you talking around the race track, yes 100%. The 1/4 vs 335, M3 will suffer if comparing modded to modded. Latest Famoso runs shows numerous 335s from tuned to slightly tuned running 11s@120+. Fastest M3 went 12.x@115. Fastest N54 belongs to OldBooster with 11.2@128 time slip, show me a modded E9XM3 that approached that. While the DCT is amazing, the 335 ZF tranny is no slouch either. When combined with a tune (JB3, V3, GIAC) shifts are extreamly fast as well. Oh and, I had my 335 now for 3 years tuned, from SSTT to JB3 and everything in between plus whole bunch of beta testings for BMS, not a single tune ralated issue.
Appreciate 0