View Single Post
      12-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #50
Gary_C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Anything with Brembo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
ive seen a brembo rotor look the same... in person...

a brake rotor is a extremely punished piece of equipment...

there will always be failure no matter what company or what case.. physics always wins....

that rotor also could have been over torqued....
FWIW I have over 8 years experience with the Brembo, with both High Performance and Racing division products, and I have NEVER seen this type of failure with a Brembo made part. I personally would like to encourage anyone who claims that they have seen this happen to a Brembo made product to post pictures or any other real world example, and I will personally and openly eat my own words.

Physics are a predictable science and the combination of engineering, raw materials, physical design, and manufacturing processes for the Brembo systems simply do not allow for this type of failure. PERIOD

Also Kingleh, if you closely examine the hardware in your StopTech kit I'm sure you'll be able to recognize the reasons that over torquing is not a plausible cause for that type of failure either. It's not my place to address real possible causes of such a failure since it is not a Brembo product, I just wanted to let people know that this is not a common phenomenon with brakes in general, and definitely NOT a concern for Brembo.
Appreciate 0