10-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #108
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
u live in a world where 911 turbos perform less than Nissan... who knows, u might
Old news that the GTR outperforms the 911 on the track. The current tt wasn't designed as being a track car first. That doesn't cut it for me, but it's the truth.

The GTR doesn't have the might to stay with the tt in a straight line. And, you really have to dismiss Nissan's dual clutch. Porsche's PDK will offer better feel and will take back some time alone. So, at the least the transmissions are a wash.
You don't have to like the 911, but that doesn't mean that isn't more refined than the Nissan, which of course it is.

I almost bought a GTR and will admit that they look menacing in person, but I just couldn't write that check for something that didn't speak to me. It doesn't have, the I have to go to the garage to look at it @ 3 AM appeal to me. Frankly, it's not pretty.The quality is simply not up to the German standards. You do, in some sense, get what you pay for.

I want to know that when I hit that go pedal against a GTR at a traffic light, I won't be seeing it again until I choose to. Maybe afetr we stop the owner can tell that he it can run the Ring faster. Bragging rights, big deal.
Appreciate 0