View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
What's up guys? I haven't posted in a while but I figured I would update you all on what has been going on. I bought a 2013 M5 in August and last month I sold my 2009 E90 M3. After driving the M5 for a few months (4000 miles) I came to the realization that this car was not the car for me. Yesterday, I bought a 2013 E92 M3. I am very excited to be back in the M3.

For anyone out there trying to decide if the M3 or M5 is for you here is a little break down of how I felt.

The M5 is wickedly fast but much of that ability is wasted on the public roads, and this car is not something I would track. Not because it is too nice; rather it is too big. Don't get me wrong, it is very responsive for a big sedan but you can feel the heft and it is disconnected a bit from the road.

The M3 is really the perfect all around car. It isn't as fast as the M5 obviously but it has much more usable power. It is much more fun to drive on a daily basis and on the track. I am happy to be back in one.
Good to hear your opinion. I was always thinking that I would own an M5 one day, but they have just gotten so big. I don't understand why. Can you imagine if the F10 M5 was the size of the e39 M5, with all the lightweight materials, and power. i just don't understand the trend to larger and larger cars.